Being registered as a childminder with Rutland Early Years or Ofsted (existing childminders are able to transfer from Ofsted to Rutland Early Years) is a massively rewarding career. You can however sometimes feel isolated, confused by the amount of information to take in and overloaded by paperwork. It may be difficult to get a straight answer when you have a concern, which can be very frustrating. As a regulatory body, recognised by Ofsted, we are here to help. We will give you a definitive answer, visit you when you are not quite sure, give you ideas to streamline your paperwork, and be there to talk to so you don’t need to feel isolated. We offer a little bit of a safety net that you may not get when registered with other bodies.
So, what is included in this registration:
- Our full all year round support via email, telephone and social media
- An annual health check visit (we love a catch up and a cuppa) where we can go through your training
requirements, any concerns you have, discuss your learning and development processes and procedures, and
ensure you are fully compliant with the EYFS, Development Matters and Statutory framework
- A quality assurance visit, following Ofsted’s inspection framework and using Ofsted’s grade descriptors (REYAL registered childminders only)
- A contribution towards your childminder insurance policy, with an insurer of your choice, up to £50.
- Tailored assistance with specific situations i.e. tax returns, tricky parent situation, guidance on a child
development concerns and where to go next
- Once you are registered, you will have full access to our online academy (worth £60 a year) with CPD accredited training courses, and access to discounted webinars
- A full REYAL toolkit, that is crammed with all your policies, procedures, legal documents, contracts, permission forms, observation, planning and assessment templates, starting point documents, medication records, accident records, complaints log and more. All are fully editable so you can word them to fit your business and add your logo, and worth over £50
- Free advertising space on our website and facebook page (we don’t charge extra for contact details)
- Signposting to training courses when you need to update your statutory training or develop your practice